Lighting for double vanity

shapcoMay 1, 2013

We're starting to redo our MB and will have a 60" double sink vanity with a single 36" x 60" mirror. We will have some overhead lighting, but I would also like some additional lights above the mirror. I'm uncertain if I should do 1 fixture (5-6 bulbs in the 36 to 45" width range), or 2 fixtures (2 or 3 bulb each). Any suggestions or pictures you can point me to would be most helpful! Thanks. Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lillo

As I did ,and a lot of people on this website do. Go to Houzz website and look at bathroom pictures . There are plenty , and with products information too.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 5:18PM
may_flowers

We have that set-up with a 60" vanity and I don't like it. One long light fixture is too much light, and the large mirror dominates the room. When we remodel our MB, I'm going to put a cabinet in between the two sinks so we can have separate mirrors and light fixtures.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 7:21PM
michoumonster

i have a 66" vanity set up with two separate mirrors and lights. choosing the lights and mirrors for this type of setup is a little tricky though as the space between them is kind of tight. though the advantage to this setup is that the space in between the mirrors might be enough room for you to do a towel ring too. and if you do medicine cabinets, you each get your own storage.
HTH!

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:12PM
shapco

Thanks for the feedback everyone. At first we were thinking of doing 2 separate mirrors, but our MB isn't very big. I was leaning towards the single mirror to make the room look bigger. Also, if we do two mirrors, they can't be very wide. Has anyone done one big mirror with separate lights over each sink? I'm having a hard time finding pictures of this since the trend these days is the 2 mirror set up.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:45PM
motherof3inct

I have purchased all my items for my master bath remodel which will begin shortly (after hall bath completed). I have a 60" vanity with double sinks, 2 medicine cabinets and 2 overhead light fixtures. We opted for med cabs for storage, but I do like how a large framed mirror looks. Take a look at the finished bathroom thread. I love hobokenkitchen's 72" cane vanity with large mirror. I dont recall if she had 1 or 2 overhead fixtures.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What kind of tile is this?
I am doing a partial renovation of a bathroom and I...
vandylaw06
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™