Mirror Size Question

rachnycMay 17, 2012

Thoughts on mirror size...

vanity is 66", planning 2 mirrors and 3 sconces (one in between mirrors and one on either side). which size mirror works better...18.6x30.6 or 21.5x36.6?

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kamkar2006

We are working on the same issue! Ours is a 72 inch vanity and only two sconces. On this wall after taping it out we think with sconces anywhere between 17-19, so your 18.6. If you have an 8' ceiling 36.6 would be nice.

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 10:02PM
kamkar2006

We are working on the same issue! Ours is a 72 inch vanity and only two sconces. On this wall after taping it out we think with sconces anywhere between 17-19, so your 18.6. If you have an 8' ceiling 36.6 would be nice.

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 10:08PM
rachnyc

thanks! i should tape it out instead of just holding up a tape measurer! my contractor said 20x36 is the max i can go, but this motiv mirror is the one i think i like the most. i just wish there was a size in between the 2 it comes in! good luck to you!

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 10:33PM
fnmroberts

We faced a similar issue with a 63" vanity. Did not like how individual mirrors would look. So, went with a single mirror with beveled edges installed as if "floating" on the wall. You could still have one made to fit your center sconce.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 3:23PM
KevinMP

Don't know if this will help, but this will give you an idea of what two mirrors look like over a 62" vanity top with two pot lights and a sconce in between the two mirrors.

The mirrors are 24" x 33" (believe it or not, they're the Fenella mirrors stocked by Lowes; the only thing I could find to match the finish on the vanity base).

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 12:38AM
neighborgirl

fnmroberts- Would you be so kind to post a
picture of your floating mirror? Thank you.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 10:40AM
rachnyc

thx, kevinmp! beautiful bathroom. the mirrors are great! definitely helps me in visualizing my bathroom.
and thx, fnmroberts...v interesting idea to think about!

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 3:58PM
fnmroberts

neighborgirl

Our update isn't going to be finished until fall when a new vanity is installed but here is a cell-phone photo of the "floating" mirror. It is adhered to the wall without touching on the side or bottom. A ledger board supported it for several days while the adhesive cured, then the holes were filled.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 4:48PM
neighborgirl

Thank you!

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™