GEGUYMW or anyone else with Delphin Knowledge...

justjustinNovember 18, 2008

I've got the chance to trade my old E Series (not my new E2 2 Speed) for a brand spanking new Delphin with the electric plug in power nozzle (not the battery powered one) and a shampooer. The guy I am doing the exchange with is quitting the Delphin and going to Thermax and opening a used vacuum shop.

Anyway, I've seen the Delphin demo and was quoted $3200, almost $1500 more than I paid for the Rainbow ESeries I would be trading in. Money wise, it makes great sense I think I'm comming in ahead here.

My question for you (since I've seen so much good advice you and others have on this board) is simple. How well do you like the Delphin. Everything I've read says it has better suction than a Rainbow and it cleans "marginally" better. In the demo things did look REALLY good and I liked using the machine. Which OTOH I never really got in to the ESeries till Rainbow came out with the 2 Speed.

The only thing I wouldn't be getting is the FACTORY warranty but he has agreeded to a three year FULL PARTS AND LABOR warranty through his used vacuum shop.

PLEASE, GEGUY or anyone else with knowledge of the Delphin comment for me. I have to decide by Saturday.

TIA,

Justin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geguymw

Are you sure he is going to trade you the Delphin for the Rainbow without any extra money to him? It does not sound right.

I think you should get the vacuum cleaner and I will tell you why. You collect vacuum cleaners. You want to get it. You will probably kick yourself if you pass this up. Am I right?

The Delphin is not a bad vacuum. It is quality-made. They had done well to add an electric power nozzle to the Delphin. In a larger home, it would be a pain to keep changing the battery before your cleaning is done. Plus, the battery-operated power nozzle is really not that aggressive.

If you are purchasing the Delphin from this man, I would make sure he gives you a receipt with the warranty spelled out in writing. Remember too that this man is going into a new business, so he may not make it. People are not going to make as many expensive vacuum cleaner purchases with this economy the way it is. People are not running to purchase a Thermax either. If he folds, you will have to pay for someone to fix it and also pay for the parks. Delphin is not as popular as Rainbow.

If it ends up costing you money plus your Rainbow, why not look for a used one?

This post is specific to you and does not apply to someone going out and purchasing the Delphin at $1500-$3500. I cannot see someone putting down that much money. There is such a large markup.

Good Luck!

Bookmark   November 22, 2008 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
removing dog urine smell
My aister, who works full time, has had a live in nanny....
cearab
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
How do you keep black appliances and sink looking good?
I just (FINALLY) got my kitchen remodeled. I picked...
KLW123
Best Carpet cleaning method?
Hi, I am a new poster but have been reading the forums...
arlinn
Sponsored Products
Colonial Mills Market Mix Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - MM01A018X018
$89.99 | Hayneedle
Fenton Queen-size Bed
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Fun Time Traffic Signs Multi Colored 39" x 58"
$49.97 | Home Depot
Cherry Full Mate's 6-drawer Platform Storage Bed
Overstock.com
Free Pad New Geometric Village Made Runner Balouch Rug Hand Knotted Wool Veg Dye
BH Sun Inc
60 x 34 Granite Stone Bathroom Gray Shower Base - QUASAR
Living'ROC
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Modern Classics Parchment and Cumin Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$876.60 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™