What is the Best way to disinfect home from moths

Julzy83November 25, 2012

Hi,

I am experiencing moth infestation at home. They aren't your typical pantry moths as explained on your website. These moths have been found in my book shelves and photo albums in the living room and there is no food there. There is plenty of natural light.

After clearing out my photo albums, I happen to found the white spiderlike sticky web nests with baby lavae/moths breading. All of my albums have been cleaned from the shelf however I am still finding moths near and around the shelve even though everything has been cleaned, vacuumed and disinfected. I am a clean freak and I don't understand how I can get rid of them. Some of my old books (handed down from family) have been destroyed due to their web-like nests :(

In addition, I have found these moths hanging around the ceiling in daylight in rooms but once again there is no food.

Can anyone please provide me with advice on how to get rid of them and also what is the best way to disinfect your home from moths?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I don't know if this is the best way or the right way, but when I had carpet moths, this is what I did. First I vacuumed and then sprayed with a product containing pyrethrum which comes from Chrysanthemum oil. Then, because I was going out of town anyhow, I set off a bug bomb in the room.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Sink Scratches
My white (porcelain?) sink gets silvery scratch marks...
jinnufr
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™