cleaning microwave after a popcorn burn

lizzie2November 7, 2010

I have a microwave that for years popped popcorn on the popcorn setting very good. Now it burns it and the inside of the microwave is a ugly brown. I tried the Magic Wipe thing by Mr. Clean, boiled water with Dawn and newspapers. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I had that happen, and I'm sorry to say, could never get the micro back to the original color inside.

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 9:45PM
livebetter

It might be time for a new microwave. I had one that worked great for years and then slowly it was not doing things so well. One day it started making a noise and it stunk.

I replaced it with a new one and I could immediatly see how the old one was probably failing for some time. I've been very happy with the new one (even better than the last one).

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 7:59AM
jannie

It will never go away. You can't clean off a burn,the material is actually damaged. It is not a "stain". I would replace it.

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 8:24AM
jaybird

I am no help at all!! I haven't burned anything in mine, but I do have a SS interior and it is impossible to clean!! I have done all of the steam techniques...even the one listed above and nothing works! I called the manufacturer and they sent me a product that PLAINLY states "Do not use on SS microw interiors"....huh?????
Lizzie, thanks for letting me gripe on your thread...I apologize for interfering...hanging head in shame.....

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Help! Lime Away hurt my sink!
Hi all, I had a new cleaning lady work in my cottage...
jlknovi
Sink Scratches
My white (porcelain?) sink gets silvery scratch marks...
jinnufr
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™