Looking for 'interesting' wall mirrors

deannadMay 26, 2014

I need 3 large (ie > 50" tall x 30-36" wide) for my remodeled bathroon. I don't want boring rectangles/circles, looking for something 'interesting'.

I've seen one that was rectangular at the bottom but had some 'swirls' at the top that crested to a point - looked like it belonged in a fairy tale :-) - but now that I'm ready to buy I can't find anything like it locally! I have visited the local HomeDepot, Lowes, HomeGoods, Pier1, BB&B, GardenRidge...nothing!

Ballards (online) has some pretty ones, but their prices (x3 anyway) are higher than I have budgeted. Any other online ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

e-bay? I found some amazing rustic wood frame mirrors. Not exactly what I needed for my remodel but if I had gone in another design direction I would have bought one of several cool ones.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 3:40PM
Linelle

I had a really hard time finding a bathroom mirror about that size, and all I wanted was a rectangle. Everything I found was too small, too ratty looking, or too expensive.

I ordered a frame online and I planned to have a local glass place put a mirror in it. Price-wise, very do-able. Unfortunately the frame didn't turn out well, and I decided to write off the money I already spent on it. Ended up with the look and size I needed from Crate & Barrel.

I think the key is finding your frame (eBay, Craigslist). If it's structurally sound, it can be turned into a mirror. My new mirror is silver, but has a slight gold cast to it. I think I'll get some Rub 'n' Buff and silver it up a bit more.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 3:56PM
jrueter

If you check online, Amazon, Overstock and Wayfair have loads of options, and many at reasonable price points.

Also, did you ask about ordering at HD and Lowes? They may be able to order mirrors from their bathroom lines that they don't have in stock.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 8:46PM
Olychick

Keep a close eye on craigslist. I see really interesting different mirrors often. Sometime they look to be the mirrors intended to go over a dresser, but some of the styles can be quite nice and could be refinished/painted, etc.

Try etsy, too. I searched for ornate mirrors and lots popped up. this isn't quite as large as what you want, but it's only $150.

or this for $175

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 11:39AM
deannad

Those are both great, but I need 3! Thanks for all the hints I will keep up the search! It's good I live in a large city :-).

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 10:17PM
chispa

Horchow has a good selection of more interesting mirrors. I bought one last year during their 20%sale and the price was fair.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horchow mirrors

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 8:59PM
chispa

Here's another one, Uttermost, they are a distributor of mirrors and you'll find many retailers that carry their product. You'll even see some on the Horchow site. By going to the Uttermost site you get the real name of the product and can then do a google search for the best price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Uttermost

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Master Bath Reveal - Small space, big style
We don't have the bathroom shade installed yet, but...
piscesgirl
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Faux Carrera on floor and in shower, what countertop?
Love the look of all marble bathrooms but I don't have...
rpk1
robe hook in frameless shower glass?
Does anyone have experience with robe hooks in frameless...
nellie08
Sponsored Products
Antique White Adirondack Chair
Cost Plus World Market
Mod Pod Wall Vase
$16.99 | Dot & Bo
Runner: Nevis Passage Dark Beige 2' 3" x 7' 6"
$59.97 | Home Depot
Florale Chandelier by James R. Moder
$1,998.00 | Lumens
Pullman Rubbed Oil Bronze 5 Light Chandelier with Tea Stain Glass
$115.00 | Bellacor