New HVAC system

HAWKEYESApril 5, 2014

Hey everyone! I'm in the process of building a new home and when it comes to an HVAC system I'm not exactly sure on what I want so I wanted to get some gardenweb advice before I talk to my HVAC guy so I'm not being burned on anything. The house will be a one story 2068 sq ft home with a finished full basement. It will be built in the state of Iowa. My husband is also planning on putting in a geothermal system. He'll be digging the loops by himself at 8-10 feet deep. So what would I need for a system when we're doing geothermal? Just a heat pump? Or, both a furnace and an air conditioner unit? My HVAC guy is a Lennox dealer, but I'm willing to hire someone else to get the best brand out there. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I want to know what I want before I deal with an installer, cause I've been burned twice on this already. Thank you so much in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rrah

The entire geothermal system, when connected, is the HVAC system. It cools and heats. This link does a pretty good job of explaining the interior components.

http://energyblog.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/17/10-myths-about-geothermal-heating-and-cooling/

This post was edited by rrah on Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 18:17

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 6:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robin0919

Also ck out the GEO forum at greenbuildingtalk.com

Bookmark   April 5, 2014 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
Houston Modern Architect
We are getting to the design stage of building a home...
Elizabeth Burns
Banquette seating by Ballard /Coventry line
Has anyone purchased banquette seating through this...
mrspete
Structured pre-wiring
Intention is to bring in Control 4 dealer to install...
Hart Sensory Designs
Dark hardwood vs lighter hardwood floors
I'm trying to decide which type of floors we should...
houserookie
What is a decent size for a breakfast nook?
I am looking at my house plans and I think the breakfast...
mscajunpie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™