rope pulls on honeycomb shades

ysop1016November 8, 2007

How do you clean these. They are in the kitchen and the honeycomb shades are clean but the ropes look yellowish.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I have never done it, but if I had to, I would put Oxyclean and hot water in an empty mayonnaise jar, then set the jar on the top step of a ladder and put the pull strings in the jar and let them soak for an hour or so. Then I would rinse them the same way - clean water in a jar.

Bookmark   November 9, 2007 at 8:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jjkadaba69

Great advice, but if your ropes are dirty, your blinds are probably too. You may want to take them down and put them in the tub with the oxy cleaner. If there's grease on them, use an oxy/enzyme cleaner. That's how I do it.

They might also be yellow from the sun. UV sun damage might not come out with any cleaner. I had some in an rv that I couldn't whiten after that.

If you need new blinds, go to jcpenney.com because it's the lowest price on blinds I've ever seen!
My husband is a contractor and builds homes. We have to buy window coverings that are nice (because they're pricey homes) but don't soak up all our budget.

Good luck!
JoAnn

Bookmark   November 10, 2007 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™