Best door mat for wet, muddy feet (human or dog!)

catbirdNovember 15, 2008

Has anyone found anything better than a plain old cotton rug to dry feet as people and pets come in the door? I've looked at the Waterhog mats on line, but wonder if they really get the water and mud off as you walk over them. Haven't figured out any way to train the dogs to wipe their feet, so we need something absorbent and easy to clean. The cotton ones generally aren't very elegant and can slip if they don't have a backing, but at least they are machine washable. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suesan_2008

The 'waterhog' from L.L. Bean is excellent. I've had 3 for many years, and aside from doing the job, they still look new. Brookstone sells them too, but likely more expensive and less choice of sizes and colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterhog Mats

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 1:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Vermont Country Store used to sell a "mud rug", essentially very tight black and white cotton loops. It was great! Put one by front door, it literally sucked all water, snow, mud off your shoes/boots. It finally wore out. I haven't seen it in their catalog recently. Trapping dirt and water before they can enter the rest of your house is definitely the way to go.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 7:56AM
More Discussions
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™