Pedestal Tub built into one wall?

LostBreadMay 18, 2012

Hi, all--I've got my heart set on a pedestal/clawfoot tub for our bathroom remodel for aesthetic and comfort reasons (those slopey sides are just too divine). However, we don't have a ton of space and the shower-curtain options are all pretty icky if the tub is free-standing all the way around. Does anyone know of a tub that can be built-in just along one of its long sides? The only one I can find is the City Bath from Urban Archaeology: http://urbanarchaeology.com/cutsheets/bathroom/tubs/CityBathtubs.pdf but no way am I spending $18k on a custom made marble bath... Would something like the Kohler Reve work with a little caulking? I think part of my problem is I don't know how to search.

Thanks!

Morgan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweeby

What about a drop-in or undermount tub with a fairly small surround? You can get a similar look for a lot less money, and have more space for curtains.

Really, any tub without a 'skirt' would work...

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 4:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

If you actually want a waterproof shower, then you either want the clawfoot/pedestal with the circle shower curtain, or you want an alcove tub with an integral tile flange. Nothing else will really keep the water out from behind the walls and of the floor if you use the tub as a shower also.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 9:51PM
More Discussions
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Master bath remodel - faucet help
I'm trying to decide between a few faucets for my sinks...
melissapta
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™