swanstone vs swan veritek?

nancitaMay 6, 2012

Hi all,

We are installing a Kohler enameld cast iron shower base in one new shower. The second shower's measurements fit the Swanstone/Veritek shower base.

Has anyone had any experience with either Swanstone or their less expensive product, Veritek? All I could find out is Swanstone comes in more colors, but there must be more than that.

Thank you, thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oasisowner

We have the Swanstone solid surface; it is very durable, easy to clean, and similar to Corian.

The Veritek we saw looked more like the old acrylic/fiberglass shower walls - it was much thinner.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:17PM
blubird

I've had the Swanstone solid installed for 8 years...it looks great. It does require just a little more than a light scrub, though, to clean the base. The recessed areas between the non-slip 'bubbles' are harder to clean than the Veritek surface, though.

My daughter has the Veritek because it was the only way she could get the size to replace a bathtub with the drain at one end, but it does look more like acrylic. But her 'bubbles' seem to be rounder which makes the surface easier to clean.

Hope this makes sense ;-).

H

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:47PM
jkom51

I believe Veritek IS acrylic. It is a cheaper product than Swanstone solid surface.

You cannot compare the two. Swanstone solid surface is a Corian competitor. Veritek is one step above the cheapo fiberglass units sold in big box stores. It's a little nicer, but not by much. My relatives use Veritek in their rental remodels.

You should also go to cultured marble stores and get quotes. Their 'cultured granite' is similar in look to Corian/Swanstone - a little glossier in finish, but most people can't tell. We own both - Swanstone kitchen counters and bathroom integrated sink vanity, and cultured granite for shower surround on one tub and a complete neo-angle shower (walls and pan).

For a bathroom, the cultured granite has been as easy to maintain and as good looking as the Swanstone. Our bathrooms/kitchen were remodeled in 2003 and we are very pleased with both products.

We saved enough on using the cultured granite to pay for several custom touches that made a HUGE difference: edge molding and extra storage units. Install is included in the price of cultured marble/granite, which tipped the scale for us.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 6:40PM
nancita

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We went with the Swanstone. The Veritek did sound rather inexpensive so, in this case, you get what you pay for? We'll see next week when it arrives.
Thanks again.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
robe hook in frameless shower glass?
Does anyone have experience with robe hooks in frameless...
nellie08
tile drywall corner transition
I'm trying to figure out how to complete the corner...
mattt19
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Faux Carrera on floor and in shower, what countertop?
Love the look of all marble bathrooms but I don't have...
rpk1
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Sponsored Products
Swanstone Shower Units 36 in. x 96 in. Two Piece Easy Up Adhesive Shower Wall
Home Depot
Swanstone Shower Bases 32 in. x 48 in. Solid-Surface Single Threshold Shower
Home Depot
Swanstone QU03322ED Double Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink - 540933
$385.00 | Hayneedle
Swanstone Shower Bases 32 in. x 60 in. Single Threshold Shower Floor in Bisque
Home Depot
Swanstone Kitchen Dual Mount Composite 33x22x10 1-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Home Depot