Blue Interior in Oven? Which beside Electrolux?

artielangeMay 6, 2008

I know that in the course of appliance research I have seen wall ovens with blue interiors that were not Electrolux. Can anyone please tell me which brand(s) have this feature? TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moose_2007

The first wall oven I saw with a blue interior was a Wolf-very pretty.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 11:04AM
olchik

Fisher & Paykel

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 11:21AM
mominthedubc

Kitchen Aid

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 11:23AM
amirm

Isn't Gaggenau blue also?

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 11:51AM
gizmonike

Yes, the Gaggenau convection oven has a blue interior which is very attractive. Our Gagg combi-steam has a stainless interior.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 12:04PM
lmalm53

I am getting my KA double wall convection oven with the blue interior installed today. I ordered it before I was aware of the self-cleaning problem which has been reported extensively on this forum. I am hoping the Architect Series II may have corrected that issue.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 12:21PM
baver

I believe Thermador, as well.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 12:56PM
baver

It appears Thermador has gone away from the blue, but a google search did show LG.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 1:03PM
antss

Thermador has never had a blue interior to my knowledge. Has always been some sort of gray color varying in darkness.

Gaggewnau was the original blue oven interior. Wolf was second, and went that route at the turn of the century when their residental line was bought by Sub Zero.

Now seems everyone is getting into the act.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 1:27PM
bluekitobsessed

I'm certainly not complaining about more blue! :) However, I am curious as to the rationale. How does blue relate to cooking or cleaning the oven interior? Or is the color purely an aesthetic decision?

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 7:17PM
lascatx

DH was told by a Wolf rep that the blue interior in Wolf was chosen because it was the favorite color of the head honcho (founder, president, CEO or whoever). There are plenty of colors I'm glad she didn't like better! LOL

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 7:33PM
raynag

Why does anybody care what color the INSIDE of the oven is? Are you planning on leaving it open or am I missing something?

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 9:57PM
pharaoh

The cobalt blue of the electrolux icons is stunning. When we are cooking, we leave the light on to check on the food. So for aesthetic reasons, we care about the color of the inside of the oven.

I have guest who have actually taken photos of the ovens (inside and out) :)

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 9:59PM
lmalm53

I was told by a salesman that the blue interior was because the old flecked gray interior was much harder to see defects on the assembly line and the blue makes it easier for them to spot problems on the oven interior before they ever leave the factory. That may be creative thinking on the salesman's part but it seems plausible.

Bookmark   May 6, 2008 at 10:19PM
artielange

I want a blue interior because i just plain LIKE it. It makes me happy to see it, unlike the boring gray interior that most ovens have.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 4:45PM
shaker26

Check back in the older forum posts. I remember reading about some of the blue cracking badly- perhaps it was Wolf but I am not sure. They do look nice was looking at them last night.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 10:09PM
foodie3

I cannot speak for the others, but in Gaggenau the blue combines with the clear windows and the lighting to show the true color of the food as it cooks, so you do not have to open the door.

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 1:00PM
edlakin

to answer the question above, blue is often used in food packaging/equipment because there's no blue food.

in production kitchens, plastic wrap, spatulas, and other things are often blue, that way if they fall into the food, they're easily spotted.

i'd venture a guess that blue is a commonly used color for oven interiors because the food that spills doesn't blend into the interior color and is therefore easier to spot and clean.

just a guess!

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 4:37PM
pschmid

Like foodie3, I also heard that, at least with Gaggenau, it reflected better the true color of the food so you don't have to open the door to check if things are browning or done.

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 6:25PM
mainecoonkitty

LG also has blue interiors.

Bookmark   September 23, 2008 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Buy 2 individual wall ovens or one 2 oven wall unit?
Hi - I'm looking for appliances for a house we will...
oaptechgirl
Miele Coffee Machine - CVA 6800 vs CVA 6401
The cva 6800 is m touch controls (swipe screen), CVA6401...
wcutiew
thermador vs electrolux/frigidare freezer
Help! To save money and get more usable space in a...
houztongirl
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
Where do you guys buy a refrigerator for your house?
Hi, all! I am thinking about buying a new refrigerator...
mrseangao
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™