Please help me with my shower

kam76May 4, 2013

I am having trouble figuring out what kind of tile to do with my shower in my master bathroom. We are using a vintage claw foot tub painted black on the outside, with either subway tile or bead board wainscoting around the room, 2 inch porcelain hexagon floor tiles, a white vanity with carrera marble top. The shower has me stumped and I am one of those people who do so much better "copying" a picture. I can't seem to find one with those elements that also shows what they did in the shower. Not sure if I should try a carrera porcelain field tile, carrera subway, white subway tile or something else. I don't want there to be too many competing elements...or it too look too busy but I am really bad at this stuff. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

Do you have a pic of your layout that you could post? That may help getting some creative juices flowing...

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 10:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kam76

It is a 8 foot x 19.5 foot long room.

We are doing the tub/surround like this with the arch and the 2 inch hexagon tile. Not the paint color though.

Here is one with chrome feet which is what we are planning and a brass like mirror :

I am planning to have the brass finish mirrors over the vanity and make them his and hers them in his and hers style like this :

The vanity will be white with carrera marble:

Traditional Bathroom by San Francisco Interior Designer ScavulloDesign Interiors

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™