need wall tile suggest to match porcelanosa Moon Glacier Metallic

M_N_AMay 13, 2013

I am picking bubble tile as accent trim for kid's shower wall.
the porcelanosa Moon Glacier Metallic White is really cute. it's transparent with very faint pink green purple sheen, just like real bubble.
what would be a nice wall tile to match it without breaking the bank?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
M_N_A

or any other bubble accent tile suggestion? this one is like $30/sf :(

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 3:04PM
ikea_gw

I think a polished ceramic subway tile will work really well with this. You can go for bigger subways such as 4x10 to make it more modern.

I'd stay away from any warm tone tiles with this border.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 4:38PM
jrueter

This looks like a perfect accent for a fun kid's bath, without being so juvenile that it will look childish as the kids grow up. I agree that a polished white tile (subway or squares) would be the way to go, both aesthetically and economically. If you want to add a little color a pale blue or green might complement it well - I would definitely get a sample of that tile and grout it before chosing a color other than white though.

HD has some bubble tiles at about 1/2 the price: "Merola Tile Cosmo Bubble White 11-1/4 in. x 12 in. Porcelain Wall Tile is a porcelain mosaic that features circular tile chips in different sizes and finishes for a varied look. Matte, glossy and iridescent glazes make this tile stand out"

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 6:54PM
cat_mom

We used Porcelanosa's White Thassos marble circle/bubble mosaic in our MB. For field tile, we used large format 12x24 glossy white tile, also from Porcelanosa (I have to look up which exact one).

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 1:07AM
ikea_gw

cat mom, which vanity do you have there? It looks just like what I was looking for.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 11:34AM
cat_mom

The sinktop is from Sonia. The vanity is modeled after the Sonia Europa (?). We had all three of our vanities built by a local guy. He made them a little taller than the Sonia's (ours are 36" with the tops, Sonia vanities were only 31" tall give or take) which allowed for taller open space behind the doors, and taller drawers. Much more comfortable to use at the taller height, too.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 11:16PM
More Discussions
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Suggestions - Eliminating Jack and Jill Bath in New Construction
Looking for suggestions on eliminating a Jack and Jill...
burbmomoftwo
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™