cleaning splatters on gas cooktop

nancedNovember 8, 2008

Help!! I have just started using my first-ever gas stove. I cooked sausages and then spent 1/2 hour cleaning!The heavy cast iron grates had to be removed and the whole stovetop had to be degreased. Is there such a thing as a splatter protector for the rest of the stovetop when I'm cooking something messy? I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake going to gas from electric. This clean-up issue is huge to me. Any suggestons?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

They do sell lids to catch the splatter. They are universal lids (to fit all sizes) and are made of a mesh that will let the steam escape but catch the splatters.

They also sell little pie pan type lids to fit over the other burners you are not using.

Buy a degreaser like Greased Lightning to clean up grease splatters.

Bookmark   November 8, 2008 at 5:23PM
lindac

Also if I am making a big messy production ofs omething like fried food for the masses or a big batch ofsjelly, I will cover some of the cooktop with foil.
If you clean up your grease spatters righta way they wont' become hardened....and any of the degreaser sprays works very well.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 9, 2008 at 10:08AM
nanced

thanks for that. I'm sort of wondering how to keep the other 3 burners and the cast iron grates from getting totally grease covered if I don't get the splatter screen on in time. (the family isn't always as careful)My old electric stove was much easier to keep clean on a daily basis. Maybe this is just one of those cases where I need to take time to get used to something new

Bookmark   November 9, 2008 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
Toilet hard water stains
We have a 1/2 bath that rarely is used, so there's...
nelles_gw
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™