I just used this wall cleaner and it is...

riverrat1November 22, 2004

fantastick! I think I picked this up off of this forum a long time ago, I just got around to using it. Thank you to whoever posted this.

No-Rinse Wall Cleaner

1 cup ammonia

1/2 cup vinegar

1 gallon hot water

1/4 cup baking soda

Mix together and wash your walls. No rinsing is required.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sus905

I use something similar to clean windows, omitting the soda and using warm water.

I am going to try this wall cleaner solution, too. Sounds good!

Bookmark   November 27, 2004 at 2:00AM
alicesRestaurant

Would this work cleaning the floor? I'm looking for something a little more powerful than plain vinegar and less commercial than Mr.Clean. Don't want to have to rinse, either.

Bookmark   November 27, 2004 at 12:17PM
riverrat1

I don't think I would use this on a wood floor. The less water or fluid the better for wood. I would also consult your manufactures warrenty on any other kind of floor. I may try it in an area that is hidden first, then see if it damages your floor. IMO a no rinse cleaner that you can prepare yourself is better than anything store bought.

Bookmark   November 27, 2004 at 10:58PM
Daisy7

I use this recipe for cleaning almost everything!! It works better than anything on the market today.

Now watch somebody come along and say it's dangerous to mix ammonia and vinegar. They always do. I have used this formula for years and it hasn't exploded yet. The smell is a LOT less strong than some of the other cleaners.

A couple of things I would add: I cut mine down to a quart so that I have clean water to work with more often. It works so well, a quart will do a big job. And don't try to store any left over mixture.

This cleaner cost only pennies to make.

Bookmark   November 28, 2004 at 12:18AM
sus905

It's only bleach and ammonia that shouldn't be mixed together...we're ok with the ammonia and vinegar.

Bookmark   November 28, 2004 at 8:49AM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

There is a major discussion at the Laundry Room forum about a product called Charlie's Soap (now on Part 5, linked below). They have an all purpose cleaner that seems to be very popular and one poster has reported miracles using it on her floor.

www.Charliesoap.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Laundry forum discussion on Charlies Soap

Bookmark   November 29, 2004 at 12:47PM
san_

river--thanx a MILLION! i had no idea something so totally simple could work so well! it is cleaning areas that i didn't even know were dirty but more importantly, the wall section that i tried this out on just a little bit ago, feels very clean and smooth--no residue at all! THANX!

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 12:18PM
natalie_2010

Hi this sounds amazing but where can i by ammonia? i looked in my local sainsburys with no luck. and also can i use it on walls where i have just treated with bleach?

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 7:27AM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
How do you clean your oven racks?
I just ran the self-cleaning feature on my Gaggenau...
kawfeeaddict
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™