Late Summer Tablescape on Porch for Two

jeannespinesAugust 27, 2010

Well, we've had some beautiful "less humid" weather this week...so have been enjoying the gardens & the porch. In June I shared the Gabriel Pottery that I fell in love with & bought a garage sale...remember this pic:

Well, I added 4 bowls while on a day trip with some friends...got 4 of these at GW for $1 ea...love 'em:

Thought they would look great with the green Gabriel! I looked them up & they are called cereal bowls (but looks like they'd be good for other things..the placemats are "outdoor" ones on sale at Kohl's (so you enablers having me ckg the linens everytime I go in the store now...LOL).

Here's a full view of the "Summer Table for Two" (hopefully, we'll sit there tomorrow night!):

Here's a close-up of the centerpc...I hope you noticed that watering can in the full view cause I've got more to tell about it. I took the garden angels from porch decor & also the little green vase..they're sitting on pc of Gabriel pottery. Napkins & holders are also a sale buy from Kohl's this past yr (since I joined the Holiday Forum!)

And that watering can I decided to use today for Hydrangeas for centerpc. Well, I got a bit of a surprise as I carried it to the garden full of water...this little guy came crawling out the spout! Cute, isn't he!

Sweet little tree frog...I like him better when he changes to a "green" color...guess he would of if I left him alone in my t'scape!

Well, hope you've enjoyed my "Late Summer for Two" ...it's been good to get outside in bearable weather & to enjoy the porch! Here's my Farmer's Market basket for tomorrow...

Thanks for looking! Jeanne s.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

The table looks summery without looking "hot". So I really like it. Greens always make me think of a cool breeze, probably cause I live in the darn desert. LOL.
Your centerpiece is wonderful. Fun to repurpose garden things inside. Including the tiny frog, what a cutie.

From what you said about your shopping finds, I can tell just how well the gang here has done their job of ENABLING.
They've certainly 'helped' you a lot...along with everyone else who ventures here. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 9:15PM
phonegirl

Ooh la la, I'm loving what I see here, Jeanne. Your bowls are so pretty and look lovely on this table you set. I agree you could use them for more than cereal. You've gotten some great deals. The place mats, napkins, rings and bowls go so well with your Gabriel dishes.

Centerpiece with angels is so neat and your pitcher with the little frog and hydrangeas are great. Funny how that little fella just appeared. He changes colors? How fun. Enjoyed seeing your birds on this table.

Hope you enjoy your meal on the porch. You famers basket looks nice and hope you sell all of your seeds. Bet your glad you have the enablers here after all your great finds.

Great to see you have been here and posted, Karen. Sure miss you when you're not.

Punk

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 9:35PM
luvstocraft

Jeanne, the bowls go so well with your plates, lucky find, huh? Love the angels and birds, and the watering can with hydrangea is so pretty. How fun that the little tree frog had found a shady spot in your watering can! ;o)

Oh, I should find and plant some hollyhock seeds. Used to have lots of them on our cellar on the farm when I was still at home. I always picked the blooms, turned them upside down and inserted a stick to make "dollies" with fancy skirts. ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 11:39PM
slinkey

Jeanne..
Glad you got a little relief in the weather and was inspired to put this pretty table together.
I love the pattern of your bowls. I can't believe what you paid for them.
Those little angels are darling and I like how you placed them, peering into the green vase.
I wonder if your froggie is a 'relative' of the ones 'hanging' out in my flower pots. There seems to be so many of them this year.

jane

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 12:46AM
jeannespines

Thanks, gals...I did eye those plates & wondered how they would look with the Gabriel...& I really like them! I didn't get any place setting bowls with the Gabriel...only a veggie bowl.

punk...yup, those little tree frogs turn bright "lime green" ... they are so tiny...I don't pick them up but my GKids love to! jane...I'm sure those hanging in your pots are distant relatives! Here's a pic from a few yrs back of my "peeper:"

purplemoon...yes, the "enablers" do a good job here...& I'm speaking for "yourself," too! LOL! Love seeing your vignettes & your beautiful collections!

luvs...I can send you some Hollyhock seeds if you want to e-mail me your address...they are such a lovely old-fashioned flower...my g'ma also taught me how to make those dollies as a child...makes me :-) Jeanne S

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 11:06PM
luvstocraft

Jeanne, I'd love to buy a packet of your Hollyhock seeds. I'll email you my address. Will be so great if I can say I've grown hollyhocks from Iowa and you! Luvs

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 1:00AM
nana2010_gw

It's a great table, so summery. The garden angels are enjoying it too! I think the frog would like to hop on out of there LOL NanaKaren

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 9:21AM
christmascandy

Great table and I love your garden fairies!
I don't think we have any little frogs like that around here, but he sure is cute!

I wish my hydrangeas would bloom, but I don't think that is going to happen. I like your little white birds too. Are they S & P or just decoration?

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 6:26PM
oldalgebra

What a peaceful setting. You have such an eye for combining and arranging things. The plates, new cereal bowls and outdoor place mats go so well together.

You won't catch me picking up frogs, but my oldest granddaughter LOVES them. I have to watch her because she'll pet them to death.

Again, love the settings.

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 6:45PM
kathleen_li

That looks very cool and refreshing, Jeanne. It is 90 here, and we spent the day at the beach under the umbrella!
Lovely breeze.
But your table make it feel very cool!

Bookmark   September 1, 2010 at 5:27PM
lynninnewmexico

I love it, Jeanne! It has a cool, fresh Summery look to it. The striped placemats reinforce the porch look and your new dinnerware looks perfect with them. The pottery pieces are great and I LOVE the watering can filled with hydrangeas . . . and your little visitor, too!
Lynn

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Let's Celebrate Pi Day!
The table is set. Grab a hat and a noise maker and...
oldalgebra
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™