Drawer or counter microwave for under counter

kitchen_mamanMay 20, 2012

I was going to buy a regular counter microwave and give it the built in look under the counter. I was discussing it with the appliance salesman and he suggested the microwave drawer. He said it would be more easily accessible. He also said that the two were comparable in price once I buy the surrounding kit.

What are your thoughts? Experiences?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laxsupermom

We have a drawer MW, and we love it! The control panel is angled so that it's easily seen from above, and it takes very little bending to put something in or out of it, because the drawer comes out to you. A regular MW would need stooping and bending to put things in and out. It's also really nice to be able to stir things from above without removing the dish from the MW. Here's a link to when we installed ours.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 7:50AM
kitchen_maman

Laxsupermom, thank you. I love what you did. We don't use the micro that often, so I wasn't sure if it was worth the money. It does look like it will be more beneficial to have the drawer though. :)

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 7:37PM
lynnwalloch

I am in the process of having a complete kitchen remodel and have installed a Sharp MW drawer. Love it, I especially like the fact that it is easier to lift things out without worry about spilling like I did with the one above the range.

Bookmark   May 25, 2012 at 12:44PM
More Discussions
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™