Need opinions/suggestions for french door counter depth fridge

chicgeekMay 4, 2012

Hi. We are currently in the design stage of remodeling our kitchen. Due to space constraints our designer is recommending a counter depth fridge. We have a refrigerator/freezer in our garage for overflow, so lack of depth is Ok with us. We don't want ice/water dispenser on the door.

We are looking for mid-range price. Only want to spend about $7000-$8000 total for fridge, range, micro drawer, DW and range hood.

We looked at the KitchenAid models (20 cu ft. and 22 cu ft.) Looking online it seems like this brand has mixed reviews. Is it worth spending extra $$ for the 22 cu ft?

Any other brands/models you all can suggest and your opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carnivore

I've seen the 22 cu ft model, the layout is nice. Looking at the specs for the 20 cu ft model it appears to be shorter in height by 1/2 inch or less. It would be interesting to see what the real interior space difference is since the cu ft measurements don't always tell the whole story. There seems to be a pretty substantial difference in price between the two.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 2:38PM
katsmah

I purchased an LG counter depth French door refrigerator last year - the LG LFC21776ST and have been very happy with it. My appliance budget was a little less than yours and this refrigerator was around 2K when I bought it during at Sears during one of their "friends and family" sales.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 11:58AM
secondhalf

Hi there - I could have written this request!! Thanks for posting it...I joined Consumer Reports for the month because of all the purchases we'll be making, and I also was looking at the KitchenAid fridge. After looking at the reviews, I'm shying away from that choice. Now, we're looking at Samsung...and I'm also thinking of Bosch, though it has ice/water in the door which I don't really want.
Another possibility is the GE Profile 23 cf, though it won't be available until August.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 7:19PM
apalmieri

I have the Kitchen Aid with ice through the door for a year and a half. It's been a good refrigerator with one exception, the ice can shoot out too quickly and fall out onto the floor. Ive stuffed it full for large crowds for Thanksgiving and Easter, and it did the job, but I do wish is were larger. However, I can't complain because I wanted counter-depth because it looks so good - like a built in.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Has anyone dealt with any members from AutomaticWasher.org
I am curious to know if anyone has spoken with any...
anthony1717
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™