Please share your experience with

lovemrmeweyNovember 21, 2013

hand-held steam cleaners for tile, kitchens, etc. I am anxious to buy one but would like to hear others' experiences!
Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

There have been several threads here over the years about steam cleaning. I have a canister model steam cleaner, not the hand-held type, and I love it for cleaning floors. I just used it recently on the grout in the bathroom. It does a great job.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 10:05AM
emma

I haven't had any experience with a steam cleaner of any kind but I have had tile on the entry way and bathroom floors. I just cleaned it with soap and water. I sealed it when it was installed and I didn't have any problem. I did not like it so didn't have any installed in this house.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 7:27PM
albert_135

If the temperature of the "steam" is about skin temperature at a distance of 10-14 inches as some are they become an excellent tool for cleaning houseplants. Indeed this is the only thing that I use mine for.

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 2:42PM
grainlady_ks

I have breathing problems with a lot of cleaners so I use a hand-held steam cleaner for a lot of my cleaning. It also gets into those hard-to-reach areas in the bathroom, and has several functions with the attachments that come with it. Make sure you have a rag or micro-fiber towel with you when you use it. You'll have some drips to wipe up.

I also have a canister with different attachments for it, so I can steam curtains, mattresses, furniture, mirrors, as well as floors, etc.. It's great for cleaning windows, believe it or not. I think it works best with two people - one person running the nozzle end, and the other person watching the cord and making sure the canister doesn't bang into everything. I also have a Shark for floors (you pump it as you mop to make steam) when hubby isn't around to help with the canister model.

-Grainlady

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 3:37PM
rrah

Grainlady--I'm curious as to what brand your canister model is. We will be prepping our house to sell. There are several rooms with tile floors. I've thought about renting one for a weekend, but if I can purchase one for a cost close to the rental I would go that way. My concern is that one I purchase won't work well and then I would end up renting the big one anyway.

Bookmark   December 1, 2013 at 7:48AM
bulldinkie

I hav one.They do work nicely.

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 2:40AM
grainlady_ks

rrah-

I have a Shark canister. Not sure the model, but similar to the ones at the link below. -Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Shark Steam Canister

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 1:49PM
rrah

Thanks for the reply. I'll look at the current Shark models. I know how much it will cost to rent one for a weekend (large, commercial model). Today I'm thinking I'll just rent one and see if I like it. I've bought small appliances in the past that were a waste of money. I don't want to do that again.

Bookmark   December 3, 2013 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™