Should you eat off plates with crazing/cracked glaze?
I think I know the answer to this... but just want to check as there are some plates on ebay I'd love to get. But they have crazing on the surface, i.e., the glaze has cracked. It's my thought that they are no longer food safe because of this, but maybe I'm wrong. What are your thoughts on this? Doesn't it seem like bacteria would get into the cracks in the glaze? But might this not be washed out/sanitized in the dishwasher (I use Cascade, which has bleach in it) so they would be OK after being washed? I'm hoping!
Thanks for your thoughts!