Simplicity Verve bag

suseybNovember 14, 2011

I purchased an almost 2 yo Verve yesterday on CL. It looked like it was hardly used on the outside. I was very excited to use it. When I got it home, it worked great. I opened the area for the bag and there was junk all over in the area. It was filthy. I cleaned out the HEPA filter as best I could and threw out the bag and all of the stuff that should have been in the bag.

Is this a known problem with the Verve? I think it is the same vac as the Riccar Pristine. I had my husband put the new bag in because I had an extra from the previous owner, but would very much like to know if there is a trick to it.

Thanks.

Susie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geguymw

Yes, there is a trick. Make sure you have the correct bag and that it is put in properly. The previous owner may have used a different bag and may have put it in incorrectly. If the extra bag came in a box, look to see that it is to be used with your model. If there was nothing to identify , then go ahead and visit a vac shop and purchase more bags, because you will need them soon anyway.

Clean out the premotor filter. Check the final filter and make sure there is not alot of dust that came through the vacuum. Hopefully, the premotor filter caught alot of it.

Another reason for all the dirt in the bag chamber is if the bag was defective or it burst, but you should be able to see it.

Since you purchased this vacuum used, make sure you have an instruction manual, so you will know how to maintain your Verve.

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 1:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucky51

I have noticed some owners do not install the Simplicity bags correctly. This causes the cardboard collar of the bag to bow and allows debris into the bag chamber and creates a MESS. While owners correctly slide the bag along the guides... they seemingly do not push the bag into the holder far enough. Insert the bag, do not stop pushing when you feel resistance but push a little more to set the bag totally in. In addition I suggest to remove the hose before you install the bag and look into the opening when the vacuum cover is closed to make sure the hole and the bag align. Then reinstall the hose.

Bookmark   November 15, 2011 at 12:07PM
More Discussions
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™