Apt reno done--must clean now. How to clean marble, wood...

simonebNovember 18, 2008

Hi. My reno is "done", but the contractors left a HUGE mess. I have to clean everything today so I can move in. I've searched the forums, but can't find all the advice I need. I need suggestions for the following.

POLISHED MARBLE FLOORS: I read vinegar is bad bad bad. What to use?

EXCESS GROUT: It's all over my subway tile. How do I get rid of this?

WOOD FLOORS: I've never had wood.... thoughts?

STAINLESS: I put baby oil on the outside of my stove and it worked like a dream. Can I put this on the part where the burners are. That seems unsafe somehow with fire, but maybe I am wrong... is it OK?

CHROME FIXTURES: Is baby oil ok for these too?

TUB/BATHROOM SINK: I used to use soft scrub -- still OK?

I think that's it. Many, MANY thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

POLISHED MARBLE FLOORS: I read vinegar is bad bad bad. What to use? Water is fine, a bit of soap if there is a spill or spot. Do not use chemicals or abrasive cleaning materials.

EXCESS GROUT: It's all over my subway tile. How do I get rid of this? The contractor should be responsible for the tile installer, they should take care of it, not you.

WOOD FLOORS: I've never had wood.... thoughts? As long as they are sealed, a dry duster should do the trick, a little water on a rag for really dirty spots.

STAINLESS: I put baby oil on the outside of my stove and it worked like a dream. Can I put this on the part where the burners are. That seems unsafe somehow with fire, but maybe I am wrong... is it OK? I think you will be VERY sorry you did this, the oil will just coagulate and attract dust and turn to a gunky mess. Baby oil shouldn't be used as a cleaning agent. There are cleaners made for stainless appliances, use them instead.

CHROME FIXTURES: Is baby oil ok for these too? No. Rubbing alcohol works very well.

TUB/BATHROOM SINK: I used to use soft scrub -- still OK? Yes.

Bookmark   November 29, 2008 at 12:25AM
More Discussions
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™