Choosing a free standing tub is going to kill me!

aggieroseMay 8, 2014

Ugh. I've been looking at tubs for so long that I can't see straight anymore! I want a basic, 65-68", double slipper, modern looking free standing tub that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! We don't want to spend more than about 1800 on a tub. I've found many options in our price range, but not the double slipper with a modern look. Does anyone know of a place to go online to find some other options? I've exhausted everything I can find. Our master bath remodel is on hold until we choose a tub. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

This one isn't exactly a slipper tub. And I don't know how much it costs. It's from Porcelanosa. I thought they only did tile.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 3:32PM
lotteryticket

This one is called the Catherine and it seems to be reasonably priced.

I know how frustrating it can be to search and search. If there are things you don't like about the ones above just post your feedback so some of us can help narrow down the search.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 3:43PM
aggierose

Thank you Lotteryticket. I love the first one and that's actually exactly what I'm wanting. Is that not a slipper tub? The ones I've seen online have been described as slipper tubs. I called the store for that one and it is $5,369.00. Every one that I have found that looks like that seems to be in the 3-5K range, which is much higher than we can pay. The second one isn't really our style. We do want the oval shape, and I want to make sure it has a nice slope on the end so it's comfortable to lay in. I saw the Mozzano by Victoria Albert in a showroom and I really liked it, but it was in the 3K range. It had a 40 degree slope on one end and was really comfortable. I would love recommendations! I'm going crazy and getting more frustrated every day since this is causing our project to come to a complete standstill!

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:38PM
rantontoo

I assume for that price the tub is cast iron. Have you looked at acrylic tubs which will be a lower price? Durability???

Amber Double Slipper Bathtub $800 @ Menards

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 10:27PM
beaglesdoitbetter1

Check out Vintage Tub and Bath. They have a page of contemporary tubs, some w/in your price range:
http://www.vintagetub.com/contemporary-tubs/clawfoot-tubs/cat/84/135/

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 10:39PM
jjaazzy

Check Costco.. they have a few tubs, one is just under 1200.00 that is very contemporary and pretty. Not exactly the shape you are seeking but the price is much lower. Here is the model number to one of them. Item #433190

Bookmark   May 9, 2014 at 3:17PM
kjo_tx

Check Signature Hardware online - they have lots of double ended tubs in all different styles - plus a large number are in your price range :)

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 5:08PM
thisishishouse

A little bit over your price target, but included air massage. It's from SanSiro, though I've never heard of them.

http://www.bathsofdistinction.com/Freestanding_Whirlpool_Double_Slipper_tub_VTADS73_p/vtads73.htm

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 7:58AM
ladycfp

Another vote for Vintagetub.com. Have ordered twice from them and been very pleased.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 7:28PM
lascatx

This one is by Barclay and is currently showing as $1651 with an additional 5% off at efaucets. I have no experience with them -- just my first hit on the google search.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 10:15PM
sweeby

This one seems too good to be true! But if it is, Amazon's good about returns...

Aquatica PureScape 701

Here is a link that might be useful: Cast stone slipper tub

Bookmark   June 1, 2014 at 6:49PM
jackfre

We have had a Victoria Albert, Asia model on our last two homes. I wasn't really looking for it last year when we did Stage I of our re-model but it was on display at the local plumbing supply house and I got a very good price taking that floor model. It is a nice reasonably compact double ender and the support blocks give it a more modern feel that the typical claw foot set-up.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Why Can't I Find One I Like at All!
The countdown is on. We start the master remodel in...
Monrovia Mom
matching fixtures in the bathroom?? please help!!
OK...we have 2 bathrooms in our house that I am confused...
janealexa
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™