Stick vac recommendations for daily pet hair sweeps

JoshCTNovember 24, 2010

I have two corgis who seem to fill a room with hair in just minutes. They spend most of their time inside in the kitchen. I have a wonderful vintage Electrolux tank I use for everything else, but was thinking a little stick vacuum in my pantry for a once or twice daily sweep up would work well. I find the broom less than effective.

Any recommendations, or other suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westvillager

I recall this question appearing before. Don't know your price range -- Swiffer launched one recently and more high-end vacuum makers have them too. Here's the first two links I found.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cleaning/msg1119111411346.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cleaning/msg101056441784.html

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 7:15AM
monicakm_gw

I LOVE my Bissell Stick Vacs (yes, I have more than one). They are amazingly strong little sucker uppers :) $20 at Walmart. It's the Featherweight one. They have another one that's $15 but I've never used it and it doesn't get as good ratings.
Monica

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 11:34AM
geguymw

My first choice for a good stick vac, for homes with animal hair would be the Bissell Versus. It is very powerful and uses a simple and efficient dirt collection system. You are not going to have to do alot of heavy filter cleaning, that you would find on the really small "toy vacuums" like the Bissell Featherweight stick vac. On the Featherweight, and similar, you have hair and dirt, that stick to the filter.

The Bissell Versus may be too much for only kitchen use. It is much better for homes with quite a bit of flooring.

Take a look at the Bissell PowerEdge stick vac. It will be smaller, but still have a better dirt collection system. It also uses a "V" Shape design that does work, but has a learning curve. It takes some time to get accustomed to the different shape of the floor nozzle.

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 2:12PM
JoshCT

Thanks for the responses. I have been using the electrolux but will buy one of these bissel vacuums.

Josh

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™