Bluestar Cooktop

rph1234May 9, 2013

Who has one? I'm considering getting this cooktop. It is priced a little out of my budget but it seems like it maybe worth it to spend the extra money. Does anyone have any complaints about this cooktop? Can you remove the grates and then use a wok on it? I've seen this online with the rangetop but can't find much info on the cooktop. It seems like everyone has rangetop and not cooktop. The 36" model is what ill be getting. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
philwojo99

I don't have it, but I don't think you can remove the grates to use the wok on it. They are different grates compared to the rangetop.

Is there a reason you would want the cooktop over the rangetop?

I personally have the 36" rangetop and love it, 6 burner model for me.

If it is just price, I would see if you can find it in the budge to move up to the rangetop.

Also keep in mind with any cooktop you are going to sacrifice cooking space/burners for the placement of the control knobs. With the rangetops you don't have the sacrifice.

Phil

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 11:31AM
Caliente63

The cooktop seems to be built down to a price. The fit and finish are nowhere near as good as the rangetop, and - as Phil says above - you lose space. I would try very hard to go with the rangetop.

This post was edited by Caliente63 on Thu, May 9, 13 at 11:52

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 11:49AM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

If it's beyond your budget, skip it. You'd need to also upgrade your ventilation to deal with it's firepower, and that would add even more to an already busted budget.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 11:50AM
eurekachef

I have a 30" rangetop, and I love it. With the cooktop, you lose cooking surface area, and the knobs are not well position. will get very hot. Also, the #3 and 4 burners are 8,500 btu instead of 15,000. If you can afford, you really should get the rangetop.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 10:01PM
kitchenkat

i have had the 36" cooktop model ever since they were introduced several years ago. I love it. As far as using a wok is concerned, the 22K BTU burners with the wok ring work very well for stir fries. The burner assortment allows for both high and low power settings to suit the type of food being prepared as well as the size of cookware being employed.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
Need a second oven/micro combo for island installation/under counter
We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen and were...
ksdeclue
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Sponsored Products
Magefesa Practika Plus Stainless Steel 8 qt. Pressure Cooker - 010PPRAPL75
$89.99 | Hayneedle
GE Slate Over-the-Range Microwave Oven
Overstock.com
AKDY 36-inch OSIRH627I-PS2-36-AK Stainless Steel Island Mount Range Hood
Overstock.com
Hypotheory Professional Style 36-inch Range Top/ Cooktop
Overstock.com
Anolon Nouvelle Copper Nonstick 3.5-Quart Covered Straining Saucepan - Gray Mult
$69.99 | Hayneedle
Hape Indoor / Outdoor Cooktop - E3134
$36.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™