PC Richards, Sears, Home Depot?

thenicksterMay 4, 2012

Where is the best place to buy a washer/dryer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Depends on the sale. :)

I like Sears Outlet for things like a washer and dryer since mine are hidden away in the garage and dents only give them character.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 3:30PM
foodonastump

I considered the same three options when I bought my Samsung FL W/D. I ended up going with PC Richards due to a good sale plus the fact that they only charged something like $100 each for the pedastals. I often recommend PC Richards due to their competitive pricing and in-house service but in my case their installers - I believe subcontractors - were a joke.

I shrugged off their comments about hating working in houses like mine (a standard cape) instead of thanking me for the pre-work I had done for them including removing doors from their hinges along the path to make their life easier and removing and disposing of the nasty old dryer hose, draining the washer as best as I could, etc. But what left me less impressed was the reversed water hookup, the dents on the top of the dryer due to them using it as a ladder, and the fact that they insisted the washer did not need to be leveled, it just needed four feet firmly planted on the ground. I didn't complain; the technical issues I took care of and the dents were minor, but if and when there's a next time I'll be hawking over them with the install manual in hand.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 1:20AM
chas045

Might I suggest your local independant dealer instead. I got a dishwasher from mine. Then I got some KA stuff (he only sold Maytag then) from Sears and had various long standing problems. When my dishwasher needed a part, he had it in stock with a 1 day fix. You would get people who either service what they sell or know who knows how to do it.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 11:06PM
foodonastump

Yes, that's nice and exactly what I meant about PCR's "in-house service.". They do their own service so you don't have to deal with the mfr. I've been very pleased with their service the couple times I've needed it.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 6:58AM
More Discussions
Dishwasher with cutlery tray and heated dry?
I seem to be coming up fairly empty handed with these...
tigger9759
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
Sponsored Products
White Decorative Lamp: 11 in. Minimalist Look White Mini Wire Table Lamp LT2020-
$29.99 | Home Depot
Sierra Mar Paprika Rectangular: 5 Ft. 6 x 8 Ft. 3 Rug
$719.20 | Bellacor
3 Pc. Solid Ash Wood Planters in Natural
| Dot & Bo
Bey-Berk D423 Desk Pad - D423
$144.99 | Hayneedle
Solid Brass Mortise Hinge with Ball Finials
Signature Hardware
Area Rug: Prism Multi 53" x 79"
$39.97 | Home Depot
Pittsburgh Steelers Hello Kitty Hugger Throw & Pillow