Copy Cat table

nana2010_gwAugust 2, 2012

DD1 DGD and I attended an event in the Spring.

Featured were wonderful tablescapes, flower arrangements and so much more.

I was fascinated by one table in particular, because I never would have thought to use these colors together on a table.

This is my version. From 2012-07-29 (by Eye-Fi) From 2012-07-29 (by Eye-Fi) From 2012-07-29 (by Eye-Fi)

I used my great aunt's Spode transferware and wine glasses.

I planned to use tiger lilies for the cp. They grow wild here, but they weren't as abundant and didn't last as long as they usually do.

I found the tinted Mums at the grocery store and thought they would do the trick. From 2012-07-29 (by Eye-Fi)

I hope you enjoy my copy cat table

Nana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maximavswife

I love it Nana! It would be the perfect table to set when football season starts here as the Denver Broncos colors are blue and orange :-) I love the Spode dinnerware and the tablecloth is perfect! Very nice copy cat!
Kath

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:22AM
jeannespines

That is a surprising combo! I love your Spode dinnerware & the wine glasses ... beautiful heirlooms! Tiger Lilies would be great as CP, too! ...but the Mums are sweet replacements! I would love to see this table w/white t'cloth, too ... so elegant, your 'blues!' & 'white lilies' ...oh nana, I'm just digressing here because I am enjoying this t'scape so much! Good for you ..bringing home new ideas & following thru! I do love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:31AM
Purplemoon

I wouldn't have thought of those colors together either...except seeing them on the Bronco's uniforms. LOL.
But your table is quite striking with them!

I've always loved the scenes on the Blue Willow. So pretty.
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 4:52AM
Marlene Kindred

I love the color combination! So vibrant! And your dishes are absolutely gorgeous!

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 9:37PM
nana2010_gw

Thank you everyone.
This was a fun table to do.
Nana

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 7:24AM
elmaly

I love it!!

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 5:06PM
phonegirl

Nana, sorry I'm just getting here to see this delightful table and post. What a bright and beautiful ts. Love your DGA's Spode transferware and wine glasses. You always have neat S & P shakers and the gems in the candle holders are just wonderful. It all looks great on that pretty orange tc.

Punk

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:24PM
christmascandy

Sush a very striking color combination and as Kathe said, perfect for the Broncos!
The heirloom Spode is gorgeous and your layering is perfect. The wine glasses are the exact right shade of blue and the mums were a good substitute.
That tablecloth will be great for fall and Halloween too!
Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm sure the person responsible for the original table would be honored!

Beautiful.

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 9:23PM
luvstocraft

I can see why that ts caught your eye! Fun to see unusual color combinations. I also loved how you used the half marbles in your candle holders, neat accent. The clear glass chargers you used look great, now wishing I'd kept a set of clear sunflower dishes so I could use them the same way! LOL You come up with some wonderful ideas Nana, love seeing all your tables. Luvs

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 12:45PM
slinkey

Stunning combination Nana! Your beautiful blue spode just 'Pops' against the orange. You have so many beautiful pieces and how lucky to have them from your DGAunt.. Love the stemware and especially those S&Ps too.
Great table.
jane

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 1:14AM
kathleen_li

Very striking table , Nana!

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 6:25PM
More Discussions
My Christmas
Getting simpler each year!
yachter123
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™