Central Vacuum power heads (beam vs stealth)

corimayOctober 27, 2010

We're going to be getting a MD central vacuum system and wanted to get some opinions on an electrical powerhead to use with it.

So far, we've narrowed it down to 2 options: Beam or Stealth. Stealth is known to last forever, and with a lifetime warranty on the belt it's hard not to think this must be the most reliable product. However, the con to the Stealth is that the power head's neck (where it connects to the hose) only rotates 180 degrees. The last thing I want to do is fuss with a 30' hose during cleaning and storing away.

The Beam power head's neck rotates a full 360 degrees, so the hose never gets kinked or tangled. Beam also has a new Easy Reach retractable hose, which starts out at 12' and extends up to 30'.

We can't seem to decide! We haven't found a lot of discussions over power heads. So I'm hoping someone here has some input! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathleenca

I have a MD system & bought the Stealth powerhead based on the reliability of it. I hadn't heard that a 360 rotating head would decrease/stop kinks. I don't get many kinks, but none would be better.

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 4:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geguymw

Beam uses different power nozzles, so you do have choices. I have found that the Beam Serenity Plus power nozzle, which is made by Wessel-Werk, is a very good and reliable power nozzle. I do not care for the top of the line system Beam uses, which is their AB Electrolux(who owns Beam) nozzle, wand and hose system. The wands are not as sturdy as the basic metal/chrome on the Serenity Plus.

For the MD power nozzle that you are referring to, is a very good and reliable nozzle also. The Stealth power nozzle is made by Lindhaus.

I am a little confuse about when you said "the power head's neck (where it connects to the hose) only rotates 180 degrees. The last thing I want to do is fuss with a 30' hose during cleaning and storing away." There is no hose at the neck of the power nozzle, but there is a wand. The hose does swivel at the hose handle end, so there should be no problem with kinks.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 2:35AM
More Discussions
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
shower doors nightmare
Hello there. My boyfriend is about to sell his house,...
vacuumfreak
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™