Opinions for my 10k to 15k Kitchen Appliance Allowance
Building a house and I've read many many posts already. We are trying to keep the appliances within 10k to 15k. We love to cook, but let's call us amateurs at best. Still learning so we don't need anything over the top. We want to spend time now vetting the appliances as this is a big expense and want to make the right choices and not feel under pressure. (the house is not even under construction yet). Our overall goal is to get nice, high end (not top end) stuff that is reasonably reliable. We think it makes more sense to spend money on the cooking equipment (cooktop versus fridge)
So far my thoughts are:
1) 36inch Bluestar cook top (seems like our cooking is always over high heat so love the Bluestar for this concept). the reliability concerns me some. Our drawings show space for 48 inches but I think 8 burners is overkill for what we need.
2) Hood - i'm a bit clueless here. I hear good things about ventahood. I think it's fair to say we would overspend here since we are high heat cookers and having a strong, and quiet hood is critical
3) We have space for 2 Ovens or a double oven - i've heard electrolux is good. We like the idea of speed oven and a regular oven so we can forgo a microwave.
4) Fridge - i don't want to blow the budget on a fridge. Maybe stick with Kitchen aid versus something nicer like SZ?
5) Dishwasher. Bosch seems to get good reviews- we have one in our house now - mostly ok but it smells from time to time. Any suggestions here?
Thanks for your thoughts!!!
This post was edited by jl0810 on Wed, May 15, 13 at 6:37