Long slot toaster?

ajc9May 8, 2012

Hello all!

Do you have a recommendation? I'm looking at haier, waring and breville at the moment....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Caddidaddy55

I would go with the Breville. Haier is the bottom of the line and Waring's quality is not what it used to be.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 8:39AM
ajc9

Thank you! The more I searched online...I realized that haier isn't good...I kept going back to the breville. Anyway...I think I'll order it today...my toaster just died...it lasted 10 years;)

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 9:13AM
dan1888

A friend is often having toast as a component of his meals. He's British. Toast and toasters are a cornerstone of his daily routine. Dualit is made in Britain with a lever to look at the slices whenever you wish as they toast. I have a two slice model. It is so simple I now would not choose another.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 6:12PM
ajc9

Dan1888...thanks for your input! I did see the dualit...pricey but sounds fab. We splurged on a wonderful espresso machine at Christmas last year...the toaster would be a nice compliment. I ought to start a piggy bank for such a fancy toaster;)

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 8:36PM
ajc9

Not as much as I thought...I found this dualit...looks good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dualit

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 8:50PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

I just bought the Breville 'Lift and Look' with the long slots. Haven't even had it a week. Tested out a few pieces of bread yesterday. My NY Rye bread which is very dense, was more toasted on the outside edges then the middle and that was on the 4 setting. Put in my DH's oatmeal bread which is lighter, and turned it up to 5 thinking it needed a higher setting and it burned it.

We always freeze our bread. Used the defrost feature and then defrosted a piece of bread before adding it to the toaster and same result either way.

So, it'll take awhile to see if it works, because we don't really make toast all that often. But it would seem that the denser breads toast differently. So far, we like it. Love the look of it. It is all electronics, and I really wished for a toaster that was mechanical rather than electronic, but...there just not in plentiful supply. I think it may just be a case of finding the right settings for different types of bread.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 7:52AM
More Discussions
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™