Central Vacuums

needinfo2October 28, 2006

Well, after a month of searching, I have narrowed down the purchase of a central vacuum to:

Cana-Vac 399Q

Eureka CV3291D

Drain Vac AC2630C

I have found local dealers for each of them and the price is similar with a good electric head. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about any of them. Any info would be a great help.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hamptonmeadow

I have one and love it. It isn't as strong as my Dyson though.
Go to the appliances forum and they can give you all kinds of information.

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 10:00PM
benzkid

You need to look at a VacuFlo. I looked at many different models from all different brands before buying mine. I have the 566Q and it is the best vacuum I have ever had, and I have had them all! You need a bagless cyclonic system like the VacuFlo. A bag clogs with in the first use, a Vacuflo is more like a central Dyson. They have no filters since they are exhausted outside and never loose power. 100% power all the time, whether the dirt bin is empty or almost full. A bagged system will loose power right away and that will defeat the purpose of investing in a central vacuum. Look at the Lindhaus powernozzle, I have a Hayden/Centec with mine and its good but doesnt lower itself down far enough to reach the professional style beber rug we have in our basement.
Good Luck!
Steve

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 2:50AM
arleneb

It wasn't on your list, but I second Steve's recommendation of a VacuFlo . . . love mine!

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 11:04PM
kathleenca

Hello needinfo2,

After a lot of research on the Appliances Forum & other sources, I also bought a SilentMaster by MD, & purchased a Lindhaus powernozzle with it, & a 3-ft hose. I also bought the hose sock to protect woodwork that the hose might drag against.

The system was retrofitted into our 75-year old house three years ago, with 3 outlets plus a "dustpan" outlet in the kitchen (for a 1,950 sf house).

I LOVE this central vacuuum & have no reservations about recommending it. There have been no clogs, no loss of power, & I preferred a "bag" system so there is not lint hanging all over the basement area. A handy thing is that MD sends quarterly email reminders to empty the bag (which is easy to do). Bags can be ordered from MD online & mailed, so I don't even have to go to the distributor.

The only thing I might change is not getting the "dust pan" outlet because it's noisy.

I'm sure you will be pleased when you have yours.

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™