Dishwasher Shopping: Miele, Kenmore, Others?
Just bought our first house and it has a rusted out dishwasher. DH and I have done hours upon hours of research and are still confused. Meile gets best reviews but I am afraid that most European DW are too small to fit pots and pans ands plates at the same time. As renters we found Kenmore to have a lot of room, but we don't like that they are manufactured by different companies so we don't know what we are actually buying. LG has great space but gets horrible reviews regarding repairs. Kitchen Aides sound great in Consume Reports, but not on discussion boards. I have used Bosches in vacation rentals and they seem tiny inside. Maytag is also in our mix. Here is a bit about our needs and criteria:
* Interior size is the most important factor for us. I use multiple big pots, sautee pans, and roasting sheets (aka cookie sheets) when cooking dinner and I want a DW that will fit in one load those items in addition to maybe 6 plates, 5 bowls, and lots of glasses.
* Adjustable tines. This usually helps me to get a ton of stuff in one load.
* Don't want a honking but silverware rack that takes up the full length of the bottom rack.
* We can spend a lot on a DW if needed. Our priority is long lasting and few repairs. Much more important to us than the price tag.
* Do not have kids, do not use any plastic anything.
* Use only unscented "green" powders like 7th generation and vinegar rinse aide. (Would this work with Meile?)
* Don't care about SS interior, don't need tons of cycle options.
* Don't care too much about noise.
Lastly, a question: Do most people not wash pots and pans in their DWs? All the pics I see are of plates and bowls. I never see pics of pots and pans in a dishwasher, or if I do, it is two pots and they take up the entire bottom rack?