Maas cleaning products anyone?

cearabOctober 3, 2007

I would like to get some opinions from anyone familiar with teh Maas cleaning products. I purchased 2 tubes (kind of expensive) after reading about them in a magazine. I bought the product to clean all my brass knobs in the kitchen. I feel like I keep cleaning the knobs over and over again. No matter how many times I clean them, very black tarnish comes off on the paper towels as I clean. I could seriously clean one knob for several minutes, and black keeps coming off as I add more polish in an effort to remove what I assume must be tarnish. Is this product a gimmick? I feel as though I will never get these solid brass knobs really clean. And the thing is, I did not think they were in terrible shape when I bought the polish. Just thought I would give it a try over what I can buy in the grocery store.

What have others experienced with this product? I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks

http://www.maasinc.com/products.asp

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
premier

Not familiar with the product. Do the knobs look clean? Do they keep looking better the more you do it? When was the last time you cleaned them? Dry cleaning them with a little baking soda and see if the black continues to come off.

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 6:22PM
Daisy7

Would this be the same Maas product that promises to 'restore all metals"?

I got some at the local Ace hardware store for the fraction of the cost of ordering.

Then I proceeded to completely ruin a stainless steel kitchen sink.

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 1:44AM
cearab

Yes, this would be the same Maas product. I did use mine of the stainless sink with no problem at all. What I bought was in a tube, for what it's worth. I used it a few weeks ago on some sterling pieces with good luck. It's just my solid brass kitchen pulls. I can not figure out why everytime I use it, I keep getting solid black rubbing off of them. I take it you won't use this polish again.

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 4:10PM
jetparks_att_net

will it clean headstones?

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™