New Home Build Question

brennansmimiApril 2, 2012

We are building a new home and I had a couple of ?'s to ask.

1. If I am going with Oil rubbed bronze for the fixtures, etc. and then go with a stainless steel farmhouse sink in kitchen, what color of faucet for the kitchen sink be? Oil rubbed bronze or satin nickel or stainless steel?

2. I have solid oak interior doors. I am wanting everything stained to match. We are going with all wood floors as well. My husband said to paint all woodwork and stain the doors. Any suggestions. I think that would look funky?

Thanks for all the help! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzyqtexas

In all of the house I have pine trim and alder doors all stained, you don't notice the different wood at all. In the 2 guest bedrooms I have staned windows and doors with the trim painted white.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 1:05PM
joyce_6333

I have all stained woodwork and doors, and I have natural hickory floors. I love the look, but it I know some people would find it heavy. I also love the look of painted trim, and stained doors. I also think it looks nice to have white windows with stained trim, or the reverse with stained windows and white trim. A combination of painted and stained elements satisfies both of you.

I think you can use any finish for your kitchen faucet as long as it doesn't sit directly on the sink. If you have an undermount sink, your faucet will sit on the counter.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 1:35PM
LilFlowers MJLN

I love Oil Rubbed Bronze fixtures. But with a stainless steel sink, it can sort of look out of place (like it was an after thought). I would probably say satin nickel, but that's my opinion. It's all about what you like. I do love the Bronze farmhouse (apron) sinks. I found this picture of a stainless steel farmhouse sink .

http://img0.signaturehardware.com/images/plumbing/3/12388_l.jpg

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 3:06PM
More Discussions
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Banquette seating by Ballard /Coventry line
Has anyone purchased banquette seating through this...
mrspete
getting close to our move in day
Moving in about two weeks, got a lot of things to do...
joerallen
Finished basement infloor heat in MN
We are working to trim back costs on our upcoming build....
Mini Soda
help, is main gable too flat/not enough dimension?
last chance to change it. Will this front elevation...
msmith110705
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™