Shake Your Booty ! (shake, shake, shake)

jeannespinesAugust 24, 2011

Got to go on a day trip today w/some retired friends...well, you 'Enabler's R Us' got to me as I don't do alot of scary Halloween or anything like that... but had to buy this wonderful brass old shoe boot at an antique store...

I sat it on my LR treadle sewing table to take pics tonight...here's a closer view (w/just room light):

And here's a close-up w/camera flash so you can see the details better...it's a planter, I guess...but won't it be great for Halloween decor! It has a few scuffs & cost $8. Thought it was quite unique! A good day.... Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Jeanne, love your antique brass shoe boot you found. It will be fun to see what you come up with for Halloween. Wonderful pictures with it displayed.

I bought a couple of purple boots for some of my decor this year while out ys this summer. I had totally forgot I bought them till you showed your new boot tonight.

Gonna be some boot scootin booging goin' on this Halloween!!! I'm singing now...Shake, Shake, Shake Your Booty

Punk

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 1:22AM
nana2010_gw

Jeanne, Love that boot!! and I love where you placed it. Send it to me please. LOL
Nana

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 8:43AM
marylee_2010

Jeanne, I love your boot. It is beautiful. I really like shoes and boots. I have a workboot planter and a wood plaque that is a workboot. I love them both.

Marylee

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 11:35AM
kathleen_li

Very nice, J! Looks great on your table!

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 1:02PM
Marlene Kindred

Your new boot looks great on your sewing table....looks like it could be used for all kinds of things...can't wait to see what you come up with for Halloween.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 1:07PM
slinkey

Jeanne..love the old boot! It's a perfect piece to do SO MANY things with..and yes, for Halloween too.
I love the setting it's in now - perfect with those old photos.
Will look forward to seeing it 'in action' for Halloween!

jane

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 2:04PM
Purplemoon

Oh how neat. I love the old Victorian boot vases. This will make a neat Halloween decoration, and as Jane said, work for other decorating too. I have one, that my Mom bought about 20 yrs ago, but can't make it work for Halloween (its brown and white), its been stored since she died 10 yrs ago. :o( I can't bear to part with it.
I love that yours can be used in many ways.

Our Enablers did good, huh?
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 7:56PM
luvstocraft

Well, I wasn't sure if I should open this post or not from the title--thought you might have been sipping a little too much "watermelon wine" and decided to dance for us! LOL

That's a great boot, and like the others said it looks really good where you have placed it.

So glad you had another fun outing with your friends--I got out for a bit today as well with a couple of friends. More about that later.

Luvs

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 9:18PM
jeannespines

LOL! Thanks, Holiday-ers! I think it's a keeper, too! And since you think it looks good there, I'll keep it there for awhile. Good to know that you all like 'boots!' & you are so good at being part of the 'Enabler's R Us' group!

I've been hummin' (shake, shake, shake...Shake your Booty) alot today, too! LOL! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™