Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company?

mommy2nkOctober 14, 2011

Hi!

We will be moving into our new house in a couple of weeks. Replacing carpet is not an option right now so I need to have them cleaned. I am certain the carpets in this house have never been cleaned and the previous owners have a dog. I want the carpets to be deep cleaned, stain removal, sanitized and the air ducts in the house cleaned. What should I look for in a professional carpet cleaning company. Around where I live I here a lot of adds for a company called Zerorez who do not use any chemicals when cleaning and it is suppose to keep the carpets cleaner. I see a lot of people also use Stanely Steamers.. I appreciate what info you could offer, thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Angerman Hardwoods

We hired Stanley Steamers two months and we're not pleased with their service. They rushed us to do other rugs to clean which we thought was a deal ($99 for a whole house) after cleaning one-room carpeted and ended up paying $299.
Next time, we'll call Coit.
Ask bunch of questions and read fine lines in their paperwork(s) before you sign and the service!

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 7:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cindy1961

The last time I deep cleaned my carpets I did it myself by renting a steamer/deep cleaner at Home Depot. I got a deal where I had it for the weekend, so I was able to do the high traffic areas twice.

If the carpets haven't been deep cleaned, you might want to consider going with a professional company and then doing it yourself a month or so later, because the first time will get most of the dirt up, but not all of it. Doing it later will probably then get most of it.

My new house has carpet and we can't replace it for awhile either, but, we're going to get a rug steamer/cleaner so we can clean it ourselves frequently, hopefully making it so we won't have to have a professional or rent a professional cleaner more than once a year.

Bookmark   October 17, 2011 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
Carpet Cleaning: Can it Ruin the Carpet?
I've never had a professional carpet cleaning, but...
Cassandra
cleaning a black granite sink
I am new to this forum and after enjoying scrolling...
debpoll9
Mold/ Mildew out of clothing, Can it be done?
I have a pink and a blue shirt that were not unpacked...
saphire
Dirty Coffeemaker Sickness!
Warning: This Is NASTY! So I make a pot of coffee everyday...
tomatozilla
Pine Sol Original Has Changed For The Worst
Im a 47 yo male, have been a neat clean guy all my...
northwoods
Sponsored Products
Oxford Grande Door Set with Georgetown Crystal Knob - Privacy, Passage and Dummy
Signature Hardware
Flat Chrome Bar on Bar Towel Rail 30 inches x 24 inches
Hudson Reed
Tangent Granite Coffee Table
Italy Design
&'Costa | Bambu L157 Linear Wall Light
YLighting
Fermob | Sixties Bench
YLiving.com
MUD 4PC Setting - Style 3 - MUD Australia
$162.00 | HORNE
People viewed this after searching for: