Baked Enamel OR stainless for hood liner?

wawCooksMay 25, 2013

Down to the final decisions for the appliance order and want to make sure we end up with a good decision from a "what will look good in 2 years" standpoint and avoid any cleanup hardships we can.

We are ordering a vent-a-hood liner that will go inside an offwhite cabinet. They offer stainless finish, or black or white baked enamel finishes. Which is going to stand up to cleaning the best and not look awful dirty (though OF COURSE we never plan to let it stay/get dirty...life happens)? We don't fry alot BUT know hoods will powerfully extract the oil with the heat...wherever they find it so wanted to make the smartest decision.

Thoughts? Do any of you have white liners? black ones inside white housings? stainless (I am not a fan of cleaning stainless...seems to show EVERYTHING and of course they charge $200 more for the liner in stainless vs painted).

Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amymc72

I have a dark gray enamel Vent-A-Hood insert - installed December 2012 during a complete kitchen remodel. My appliance dealer recommended it over the up charge for stainless. I am very pleased with it and hardly notice it at all - mine is also inside cabinetry (painted off white).

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 9:18AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wawCooks

Awesome. Thanks amymc72. Didn't even realize that was an option. Will check to see if it is for our 34" liner. However, if it is not it still seems like the baked enamel VAH uses is sturdy enough to withstand time so perhaps we go with black if they don't have grey? It will look like a hole I would imagine and not be showing any stains as much as white? I really hope they still do have the dark grey for our model though!

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 7:29AM
More Discussions
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
shelly_ok
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzane
Double ovens - Gaggenau, Bosch, Wolf, Miele
I do realize that there are many posts about this,...
riese1
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™