OxiClean Pre-treatment Gel Stick

reader77October 28, 2011

I tried the product on some pants which had 3 small whitish stains. After washing I now have 3 LARGE stains the shape of the gel stick dispenser top.

Of course I did not put them in the dryer. The directions said it could be applied up to week before, and it was 4 days.

I haven't rewashed yet - hoping for suggestions.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonshadow

ouch! I've never had much luck with that stick. I was in my local Ace because I wanted to pick up a bar of Fels Naptha (what my mama always used on laundry stains ;). The girl at the register said "I wish we carried Zote." huh? She proceeds to tell me about it, as I'm impressed I head to the nearest store that she gets it at. I bought the white bar, it's honking big for .99. They have a pink bar but ingredients are the same, so I stuck with dye-free.

Blew my socks off! Took stains out that were there for ages or were newer but nothing got out, including bleach. Even DH was impressed, he tried it on a work sweatshirt with a cream colored thermal liner that was pretty grody. It's cream again. I salvaged an expensive white coat that otherwise was going to be replaced. Looks new.

The girl told me her mother and she both dip the bar in the washer as it's filling (hot) till water is cloudy from soap, then lift it out. I can't do that with an HE machine, but did shave off a piece or 3 (depending on type of load), squished it in my palm with hot water and put in soap dispenser. Great stain treatment added to laundry soap.

Maybe you can try rubbing the Zote bar on the stain left from the Oxi stick?

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 9:27AM
reader77

Thanks, I will look for Zote. Sounds good!

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 5:10PM
moonshadow

You're welcome, hope it works!

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™