Warning to all purchasing the Shark steamer...

abbey1223October 15, 2009

I just wanted everyone to know that after having & loving the first version of the shark steamer, I decided to purchase the newest version, model #S3501W. After all, who could resist the bigger tank, longer cord, swivel head, etc. Well, I wish I would have left good enough alone because now my beautiful Brazilian hardwood floors are scratched! The sad thing is I did second guess it after feeling the new pads & how they felt thinner & I could feel the plastic mop head through it. So in a way, it is just as much my fault. But I just wanted to let everyone else know who hasn't purchased the new version, not to!

Errr, why does finding a good way to mop our floors so hard!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I am so sorry the Shark ruined your floors. Nothing I can do but offer my sympathies.

Bookmark   October 16, 2009 at 9:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abbey1223

Thanks, Jannie. My DH came home & said it can easily be fixed so I'm not upset now. I really am more to blame for it, as it did come with a purple duster pad & I think it is what they recommend for wood floors. I just used the regular pads with the org. version of the shark, so I just assumed I could do the same with the new one. Lesson learned! I just didn't want it to happen to anyone else!

Bookmark   October 16, 2009 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
Sink Scratches
My white (porcelain?) sink gets silvery scratch marks...
jinnufr
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™