vanity height

JamieMay 28, 2012

We chose a slightly taller toilet seat, but I'm wondering about vanity height. I can comfortably wash my face at either a 31.5 or a 34.5, but I have a slight preference for the shorter one. It's a question of looks.

With a 60" single-sink vanity in a not-large bathroom, I'm thinking the extra height might make the vanity feel too in-your-face. But I don't want to end up with a vanity that feels like a mistake, either.

Would the shorter vanity look odd?

The tub is short (Kohler Bellwether) and the floor tiles are 16" squares. The windows are tall and fairly wide, the ceiling height about 8.5 feet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

We ended up with a higher vanity in our small bathroom when we remodeled. I like it, but it was a complete accident, long story. It does change the feel of the room a little, but I really like it. We also went with a higher toilet, which I think looks nice with the higher vanity.

I looked through our pics and I have a before, with lower vanity, and after, with higher vanity, for comparison. Both are 48 inches long.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 12:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

I prefer a lower vanity....unfortunately we screwed up and didn't end up with one....now every night I wash my face and end up with damp forearms and water dripping off my elbows. Yuck.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™