new home cleaning plan

shwetagargOctober 23, 2008

Finally we are on our way to our first home.I want start afresh and make a cleaning plan,Like how many times a month u clean windows...what is the best way to clean bathrooms(bathroom is my biggest concern)and stuff like that.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Phobie Privett

When we finished our new home, I decided to do away with most harsh chemical cleaners. Now the harshest things I use are for the toilets (comet) and sometimes one for mildew in the bath. I find now that anytime I do use something harsh, I almost can't breath! Otherwise, I bought a steam cleaner from Lowe's to clean all the tile floors. It has cut down on cleaning time tremendously. I use an alcohol/water/soap mix to clean the granite, bathrooms, mirrors, etc. (cheap and natural!)
As far as frequency of cleaning, I don't do the windows until I'm in the mood or can't stand it any longer! But I do a pretty thorough cleaning of everything at least once a week.

Bookmark   October 24, 2008 at 12:11PM
moemoe2007

I also hate to clean and the bathrooms are the absolute worse for me.I an a SAHM with three little onese so I don't have much time in the day. Check out Norwex microfiber clothes. They are wonderful. You can clean a whole bathroom from mirrors, facuet, sink, shower & floor with a single cloth and water only .Removes 99.9% or bacteria traps in the cloth and kills with silver in the cloth. They have a whole line of great products. Very "green" and will save you green.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 9:55PM
Phobie Privett

I forgot to mention-get yourself a bundle of microfiber cloths! I got mine (they're not pretty, but they were cheap!) at wal-mart in the automotive section. They clean ANYTHING with no streaks, and you don't have to use cleaner-just warm water if you want. And they don't leave any lint behind. They are the best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned!

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 6:22PM
shwetagarg

Microfiber from walmart sounds great!

Bookmark   October 29, 2008 at 12:50PM
moemoe2007

I agree microfibers are wonderful. Just be careful all are not created equal. When I first discovered microfibers I found the you actually need to clean them in very hot water for a specific period of time or they become breeding grounds for bacteria to grow. That is why I love those other clothes that are have silver in them. This way you can clean them in your sink, hang them to dry and all bacteria is killed within a few hours.Pretty neat.

Bookmark   October 29, 2008 at 8:49PM
blackcats13

If you search Google for Flylady, that was a great way to plan things out for me. It doesn't work for everyone, and it takes a bit of time to get accustomed to the routine and tips/tricks, but it works for a lot of people.

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 11:13PM
More Discussions
Need Suggestions: How Do I Get Smell Out Of Pet Bed?
Not sure where to post this. Needs suggestions. Got...
peabody1
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Sebo K3 vs Bank
Our remodel included replacing carpet and tile flooring...
Saje
Carpet Cleaning: Can it Ruin the Carpet?
I've never had a professional carpet cleaning, but...
Cassandra
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™