Need a wall mounted roman tub filler with enough gpm

cocokeyMay 15, 2012

We are installing a small master bathroom in conjunction with a major reno. Unfortunately there is very little to no room for a deck around my new Meridian 50 Bain ( 45 gallon capacity)air tub, so my GC incorporated a knee wall and suggested we use a wall mounted tub filler. After reading some posts here, I learned about the gallon per minute flow rate One salesman recomended at least 4 to 7 gpm for my size tub. is this true? I also want a spray to make cleaning the tub easier.

Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know of any wall mounted roman tub faucets that have a 4 to 7 gpm flow rate?... all the ones i am finding (very few)(in my price zone!) are 2 to 2.5.If I find a wall mounted faucet I plan to put the hand spray on the tub itself.

2. I did find one

http://www.faucet.com/jado-845-038-double-handle-wall-mount-tub-filler-faucet-with-personal-hand-shower-and-metal-lever-handles-from-the-savina-collection/p1743887

JADO) with the spray hose attached(victorian style)Won't 60 inches worth of hose get in the way... esp in a smaller tub like mine? Thoughts on this welcome!

3. It turns out I do have 4 inches of space that might allow a very, very,small deck to be built in front of the long end (60 inches) of the tub where I will have azec paneling - Should I add a small 4 inch deck here and switch back to a one handled deck mounted faucet installed on one corner of the tub itself with a spray in the opposing corner, both away from the point of entry into the tub? There seem to be so many more deck mounted options when I look online- all w/ large gpm fill rates.

Any suggestions on the problem are welcome (i've never done this before... can you tell?)

Here is a link that might be useful: Jado

More Discussions
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Sponsored Products
Slate Thermal Fabric Roman Shade
Overstock.com
Chrome Triple Exposed Traditional Thermostatic Shower Faucet Valve
Hudson Reed
Cotton Roman Shades - Dark Green 72 Inch, Width - 72 Inches
$49.00 | Bellacor
SBF 80 G4 Super Quiet Ventilation Fan
Lightology
Bourdeaux Leather Sofa - MEDIUM RED
$4,999.00 | Horchow