Electrolux EW30IS65JS Broiler

TMADMay 20, 2014

Hello All -

I've been reading and re-reading everyone's posts about the GE Profile PHS920SFSS, Electrolux EW30IS65JS, et al induction ranges. The information has been incredibly helpful. My question has to do with the broiler. Specifically, the reviews I have read say the Electrolux is great, but the broiler is terrible. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the broiler? Of course, any other input to help me decide between these two would be welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

Both The Elux and GE have 8 pass broilers.

The GE is rated at 3800 Watts, and the Elux at 4000 Watts.

I looked at some other ovens too, the new Bosch broiler is rated at 3800 watts, and Wolf doesn't specify (they count on buyers wearing blindfolds).

Elux does seem to have one of the highest powered broilers of any oven that I found, and Consumer reports gave it's broiling abilities an "Excellent Rating".

That's the good news on the Elux,~~~~~but~~~~~ there are a lotta negative reviews about the reliability of the Elux Induction range, and the lack of knowledge of service personnel in being able to solve problems.

You can see these rewiews on several sites, AJMadison, Amazon, etc, so take the time to read those!

Looking at the reviews on the GE, they are considerable higher than the Elux, and at least on Amazon only 1 bad review, "Smell from burning off", sooo unless Elux has fixed the problems with this range I would buy the GE, even thou I love my Elux appliances and all have been trouble free for about 8 years now, except the induction cooktop~~~~it has been trouble free, but I've only had it for about 5 years.

Gary

This post was edited by dodge59 on Wed, May 21, 14 at 13:42

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
plumbed miele steam
i went to gaggenau showroom and the employee said that...
housebuilder14
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™