Portable vacuum to use on Pergo floor???

kaisermustOctober 1, 2009

Tired of using my Swiffer sweeper. Picks up some dirt but leaves just as much on the floor. Anyone have a portable vacuum they use on their hardwood or Pergo floor? Brand, where did you buy it? Have an upright vacuum but know I shouldn't use the beater brush but don't seem to have a hardwood floor attachment. And I would like some type of vacuum that's more lightweight than my regular upright but more effective that the Swiffer sweeper. Any ideas??? I have long haired tabby and four-footed canine which leave tons of dust bunnies and dirt on the kitchen floor.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

How about an electric broom?

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 1:41PM
graywings123

I'm shopping for the same type of unit for hardwood floors. I'm considering getting a small unit that is worn on the hip.

Here is a link to the one I was considering. They are coming out with a HEPA version in 2010, so I'm waiting to see the specs on that one before making my purchase.

Dirt Devil used to make a canister model with a shoulder strap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hip vac

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 4:01PM
janek_2009

I use a Hoover® Porta Power Handheld Canister Vacuum on my hard surface floors, and I'm very pleased with it. It's very effective on floors, stairs, and for dusting. I decided to get one when I saw the ladies from the cleaning service I use using them. It costs about $120, and comes with a reusable bag, but you can order disposable bags if you prefer. If you want the disposable bags, you also need a $10 accessory. To find one, google "hoover porta power."

Bookmark   October 11, 2009 at 3:06PM
bryansda

I have one of the Eureka stick vacs for my kitchen floor and it does a good job. It's not much more than a dust buster with a long handle, but works great on the pet hair, grass, etc. that 3 cockers and 2 cats carry in the house. Mine came from Walmart for about $20.

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 11:50PM
Tricia

Try Bissell brand, stick cleaners either the featherweight or Versus Bare Floor Vacuum Cleaner.

Bookmark   October 14, 2009 at 1:55PM
More Discussions
easiest way to clean silk plants?
I have a bunch of silk plants, mostly in my kitchen...
drcindy
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
Removing Stains Caused by Stain Removers - Carpet
Hi all, What's the best way to remove stains on a Sofa,...
afrolawnmower
Dirty Coffeemaker Sickness!
Warning: This Is NASTY! So I make a pot of coffee everyday...
tomatozilla
cleaning a black granite sink
I am new to this forum and after enjoying scrolling...
debpoll9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™