LG Super Capacity, French Door Refrigerator

sld_sandyMay 29, 2012

Does anyone have opinions on the LG Super Capacity, 31CUft French Door refrigerator from Home Depot?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fauguy

I looked at it last summer when it first came out. I like the interior room (20 cu/ft fridge, 10 freezer), but the exterior size of the unit is just too big for our kitchen. It is a standard height of like 68-69" tall, but it is very deep, and would stick out and take up too much room. I have a counter-depth side-by-side right now, but would look at replacing it with a counter-depth french door in the next year or so. That was it would only be like 26" total depth.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 5:55AM
attofarad

I will be buying one in a few weeks, or maybe a Samsung of the same external size. I'm making my adjacent countertop 31" deep, so the fridge will not "stick out" as much -- the doors are maybe 3.5" plus handles, so it still is out there a ways.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 4:28PM
Frazestart

My mom bought one about six months ago and is very happy with it. No problems so far. The only complaint she has is having to wipe fingerprints off the door.

It *is* huge and deeper than the 20-year-old high-capacity (28-30 cu ft?) GE Profile it replaced.

Shop around for a good price. When Mom bought hers, the best price was at Best Buy which had it on sale.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 8:35AM
Ray72

We looked at it as well. Sears sells their Kenmore which we were told is also made by LG. Some week ends Sears is cheaper, other times HD. Either way, they are impressive. However, the ice maker in the door makes less ice than the style that has it in the upper left of the fridge part. They are on the short list for us.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 12:17AM
More Discussions
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
48 inch Dual Fuel Range and single wall oven Choices
I am glad I found this forum by accident if not I wont...
hkwan
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™