Swanstone shower wall panels?

von4nowMay 20, 2013

Has anyone installed Swanstone shower wall panels? Our contractor installed them last week and we have several potential problems with it. There is a crack in one of the vertical trim pieces at the juncture of the back and side panels. And there are gaps between the panels and the vertical trim pieces. Our contractor says it was because the panels were not entirely squared, and flat. He says he is going to caulk the gaps to ensure water won't seep into the dry wall behind it. I am worried it won't take care of the problem entirely and also that the caulk will be ugly ad difficult to keep clean.
Any one have any similar experience and what did you do with it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

You're supposed to use the color matched two part epoxy that solvent welds the trim pieces to the panels. And it is FAR more likely that the substrate wasn't flat rather than the panels themselves. They have a certain amount of flex to them, and if heated a bit with a heat gun, can bend slightly. Slightly. But the wall behind them has to be FLAT. And that, and the fact that he didn't use the correct epoxy, is what the problem probably is.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Kerdi Shower Part Deux
Here's Part Deux. The original Kerdi Shower thread...
mongoct
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™