Window Cleaning Tip

najobaOctober 20, 2008

After we moved to the country, we hired a man to clean our windows. He asked me for old newspaper. He said that was the best thing to use for cleaning windows. I couldn't believe it!

He was right. Crumple up the old newspaper and use it instead of paper towels or cloth. It leaves the windows streak free, and they don't get dirty as fast.

Country folks have a lot to teach us city folks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnyy

First of all, make sure to use your vacuum cleaner to clean around the edges and to remove any loose dust, dirt or even cobwebs in the corners. The more of the loose dirt you can remove now means that there is less chance to get unwanted residues smudged or smeared on the glass when you are washing it. Don't forget to vacuum around the sills also. If you have blinds installed, it is often useful to use a feather duster to remove any dust from these before you clean the actual pane.
[url=http'//www.drivenwide.com]'promoter[/url]

Here is a link that might be useful: promoter

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 12:26AM
grainlady_ks

I learned this tip from this message board years ago - water and cornstarch solution for washing the windows, and a good quality squeegee is also a great tool to use for windows and you won't need the newspaper.

If you don't like the ink left all over your hands from newspapers, you can get the unprinted newsprint - the end of the rolls - from your local newspaper office for free/cheap. We've used unprinted newsprint paper for all kinds of things:

-windows
-kids crafts/drawing/art
-wrapping glassware for storage/moving (NO ink residue on anything)
-filler for packing when sending a package
-gift wrap

-Grainlady

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 7:30AM
moemoe2007

I use a Norwex Microfiber cloth with just plain water and then polish with one of their polishing cloths. My windows are flawless. Best part they don't get as dirty anymore because I am not using any chemicals with residue for the dirt to attract to.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™