Direction for wall in shower in Master Bathroom

murrywoodsMay 29, 2013

I don't know which way to face the walkin shower. Either a wall in the middle and facing towards the back wall. Or put the shower on the back wall facing towards the bathtub. Here is the link to the layout.

Here is a link that might be useful: Master bath layout

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dekeoboe

Do you mean where to put a pony wall? If so, put it along the back wall so from the toilet you face the wall rather than look into the shower.

If you put the shower head on the wall between the shower and the tub, the controls can go under the shower head or on the pony wall. If you put the shower head on the back wall, put the controls on the pony wall or on the wall between the shower and the tub so you don't have to step into the shower to turn on the water.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 12:28PM
murrywoods

Thank you. Wonderful advice. One more thought for you. If input the shower head on back wall how would it be w no wall between shower and tub.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 3:23PM
dekeoboe

No wall could work too. My parents' master bathroom shower only has two walls and they like it just fine. The only thing you are going to have to figure out is the drain situation. Were you planning on having a curb or not? My parents shower floor is lower than the bathroom floor. I'm not sure the above picture would meet code as it appears not to have an acceptable slope from the shower entrance to the drain.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™