Custom sized Blue Star back guard?

katy-louApril 9, 2013

Has anyone done this? If so how expensive and how long did it take? Ideally we need one that was a half inch shorter than the 6" low profile one

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

You might think about ordering it with the 6", and remove and take to a sheet metal shop to have cut down off the bottom. Pretty sure they just attach with 5 or 6 screws, so new screw holes would need to be drilled as well. Or, if it's only a half inch, perhaps the legs on the range can be lowered to the minimum to get the clearance you need?

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 9:07AM
Mistman

I don't think you could remove material from the bottom of the BG as that's where the mounting tabs/locations are. Probably better to remove some material from the top and have it reshaped. I just installed a 21" on mine, the burners need to be removed to get to the mounting flange which has the screw holes in it, it's a 2 piece, hollow unit (oven vents thru it) and mounts to both the back of the range and behind/under the burner grates. I think it would be relatively easy to cut it down from the top but like I said the oven vents through the back guard so I would want to know what's limiting it to under 6" in your case so that it wouldn't be damaged by the hot gases coming out of the BG.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 10:46AM
gtadross_gw

Or you could just use the smaller island trim blackguard, which is what I have in my bluestar and just bring the tile or whatever backsplash you have down further.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 11:12AM
katy-lou

We have a soapstone window apron and sill above so had wanted to tuck the stove in just under the stone. Need it slightly shorter.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 1:30PM
cookncarpenter

...or order with the island trim, and have an extension made for that?

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
ge 36 inch duel fuel monogram cannot be repaired
After ten years my GE Monogram has been rendered useless,...
Mb
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™